Radiant Barrier will provide 20-60% savings on your heating and cooling costs! It has one of the fastest returns on investment of any home improvement product. It is maintenance-free, permanent insulation that comes with a transferable limited lifetime warranty.
Radiant Barrier On Attic Rafters
Radiant Barrier on your attic rafters will significantly reduce your home cooling costs.
Radiant Barrier reflects 95% of radiant heat. By having Radiant Barrier installed onto the underside of your attic rafters and onto the studs of your exterior-facing attic vertical walls, summer temperatures in your attic will decrease by up to 50° F.
A significantly cooler attic means less heat migration into the living space below which reduces the workload on your HVAC system and your corresponding utility costs. It also alleviates the super-heated thermal envelope surrounding your attic-installed HVAC components which will help them to operate more efficiently and will extend the service life of your HVAC system.
Radiant Barrier On Attic Floor
Radiant Barrier will provide 20-60% savings on your heating and cooling costs.
Radiant Barrier reflects 95% of radiant heat. By having Radiant Barrier installed onto your attic floor and your interior-facing attic vertical walls, you will significantly reduce the amount of radiant heat migrating into your living space during summer as well as help to trap heated air in your living space during winter.
This reduces the workload of your HVAC system, creates a more comfortable living space, and can reduce your heating and cooling costs by up to 20-60%, particularly when combined with attic floor air-sealing.
Radiant Barrier Combo
Installing the Radiant Barrier “Combo” will give you the benefits of both standard installation methods.
A Radiant Barrier “Combo” installs Radiant Barrier on the attic rafters, attic floor (over your existing insulation and/or attic floor plywood decking), exterior-facing vertical walls, and interior-facing vertical walls. This combines both of the standard installation methods and the benefits that each of those methods offer:
- Cools the attic (up to 50° F in summer)
- Alleviates the super-heated thermal envelope around your attic-installed HVAC components
- Improves the efficiency and service life of your HVAC system
- Creates a more conducive environment for temperature-sensitive storage in your attic
- Supports efficient attic passive and active ventilation
- Reduces heat migration into the living space in summer
- Helps retain heat in your living space in winter
- Allows for a cleaner attic
- Improves indoor air quality by encapsulating attic floor fiberglass insulation
- Detracts pests, rodents, mildew, mold
- Class I / Class A fire rated